Send Tab URLs
Send a list of browser tab URLs to email, Web mail, or the clipboard
Send Tab URLs creates a list of URLs from all browser tabs in the current Firefox window. This list can be emailed using your favorite email application, or copied to the clipboard for pasting into another application.
- Works with most email applications (some limitations apply to Windows users; see Known Issues below for details). Gmail is also supported.
- Up to 30 browser tabs can be listed; there is no limit if sending the URL list to the clipboard
- Select the style of the URL list in the email: numbered, bulleted, or plain list
- Optional toolbar button available for the browser toolbar
Supported languages: English (United States), Chinese (Simplified), Dutch, German, Hebrew, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish, Swedish.
- Windows users: Send Tab URLs will work with Mozilla Thunderbird, SeaMonkey Mail, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express, MS Office Outlook and Eudora 8. Send Tab URLs may not work with other Windows-based email programs not listed here, especially if the URLs of the individual browser tabs are long. No such limitation is known to exist on Linux or Mac OS X.
- If you have multiple Firefox profiles, and you are running Firefox using a profile other than the original default profile, and Thunderbird is set as the default email client, you may receive the following error when invoking Send Tab URLs: "Thunderbird is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Thunderbird process, or restart your system." To resolve this problem, close Thunderbird and try again, or exit Firefox and restart it using the original default profile.
Things You Should Know About
On Windows Vista and Windows 7, the Send Tab URLs command is located in the browser's File menu, which may not be visible by default. On Firefox 4 and newer, you can find the Send Tab URLs command on the List All Tabs menu (usually located on far right of the tab strip). Otherwise, either enable the Firefox menu bar, or add the Send Tab URLs toolbar button by right-clicking on a toolbar and selecting the Customize command, and then dragging the Send Tab URLs toolbar button to the toolbar of your choice.
- Version 2.1.1
- - Compatible with Firefox 20
- - Automatically reload any unloaded browser tabs before sending their URLs, due to browser tab load optimizations that were introduced in Firefox 20. The auto reload is necessary to retrieve the browser tab titles for the URL list.
- - Updated localizations, and added support for Simplified Chinese
- Version 2.1
- - New option to add the Send Tab URLs command to the List All Tabs menu in Firefox 4 and newer
- - Added translations for German, Hebrew and Swedish
- - Removed experimental support for Yahoo! Mail
- - "Copy to clipboard" confirmation now appears as an alert instead of a dialog, if nsIAlertsService is available
- Version 2.0
- - Added support for Gmail, and experimental support for Google Apps and Yahoo! Mail
- - Added ability to send the URL list to the clipboard
- - Added support for the following email applications on Windows: Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, and Eudora 8
- - Redesigned extension preferences dialog, containing new configuration options
- Version 1.0
- - Automatically detect the title from web page content if no title appears in the browser tab
- - Added support for Turkish locale
- Version 0.4.1
- - Compatible with Firefox 3.0 beta 2
- - Removed support for Firefox 1.5 series, which is no longer maintained by Mozilla Corp.
- - Added support for Catalan, Chinese (simplified), Polish and Spanish locales
- Version 0.4
- - First public release